Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kiddos in Kansas

Hi!  I made a stop in Lenexa, Kansas! 
These sure are some fun loving kiddos!
The girls showed me their hamsters.
They recently had five babies! 
Those fuzzy little animals are SO cute!

I learned that hamsters eat special pellets made just for them that include all the vitamins and minerals they need.  They also like fruits and vegetables, but can only have small amounts one or twice a week.  

Like hamsters, fruits and veggies are also really good for people!  People with lupus should eat a nutritious, well-balanced, and varied diet that contains plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and moderate amounts of fish and lean meats. Lifestyle adjustments should always include quitting smoking, as tobacco products can cause flares of lupus symptoms.


I sure had a fun visit!
Now I'm off to my next destination!