Tuesday, May 15, 2012

2012 Video

LUPUS FACT of the DAY:

"Systemic lupus is the most common type of lupus. Systemic lupus
can affect   any organ system of the body, including the heart,
 kidneys, lungs, blood, joints, and skin."
 
Please view the Team Knaup 2012 Video featuring our team members Bev and Alisa.

Two of the most beautiful, brave, and positive women I know. 
Truly an inspiration.

*Note from Bev*
When I was diagnosed in 2007, the doctors determined that the lupus started in my liver, stomach lining, joints, and skin. Since then, it has spread to my kidneys (lupus nephritis) and the lining of my lungs (pleurisy).

As an added bonus to having lupus, most patients develop other auto-immune disorders. 
I have also been diagnosed with:
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sjogren's Syndrome
Raynaud's Phenomenon
Fibromyalgia

If you think you might be suffering from lupus or lupus like symptoms, please please please call your doctor. It just might be the phone call that saves your life.